How to use RSS feeds in ruTorent
This guide will cover how to manually download torrents from RSS feeds, and how to set up ruTorrent to automatically download torrents.
To begin you will need to add an RSS feed to ruTorrent. These feeds vary by site, so you will have to discover them yourself. The feed will have to have direct download links, and ideally won’t require cookies.
Once you have found such a feed, click the RSS Downloader icon.
An “Add RSS Feed” window will pop up, enter in the RSS feed in the first field, then give it a name in the second. Click OK.
After a few seconds your feed should appear in the RSS Feeds list on the left.
To add torrents from the feed manually, right-click the torrent and click load.
Click the RSS Downloader icon again, this time you’ll get the RSS manager filter menu.
Click Add and give your filter a name, now you need to customize the filter.
1. Filter – This field is where you will enter Regular Expressions to filter the torrents. Some examples can be found at the end of this guide.
2. Exclude – Use this field to exclude torrents with Regular Expressions.
3. Where to Check – These boxes tell ruTorrent where to try to match these filters at. Title Field usually is all you need, but sites differ.
4. RSS Feeds – Choose which feed you want this rule to apply to.
5. Torrent Settings – These are the same fields you see when adding a new torrent, up to you if you want to change them.
6. Match Interval – Choose how many times ruTorrent should match this filter. Default it Always, so it will always try to match this filter.
7. Torrent Info – Use these if you want to set custom labels/ratio groups/channels for the torrents the RSS Manager adds.
8. Rules List – This is where your list of rules are. You can enable/disable them by clicking the tick box.
Click OK once you are finished with the rule. ruTorrent will now run that filter against the RSS Feed each time it updates.